*** Recipes Tutorials ***
It is apple season and everywhere you look there are recipes and ideas for using the apple harvest. How about making these super pretty rolls that look like roses and use easy ingredients? No-brainer, right? Let’s get started!
- 400 g puff pastry dough
- 3 apples
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Juice of half lemon
- Cut apples into quarters, remove coatoarele, then cut into thin slices.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice and put to boil. When it starts to boil longer give two boil and set aside.
- Remove the apple slices on absorbent towel and let cool.
- Stretched sheet of pastry dough, sprinkle remaining sugar (amount of sugar can increase or decrease, if you prefer) and cinnamon.
- Pastry dough is not completely thawed, it works easier.
- Then cut strips of dough 1.5 cm on each strip put apple slices, slightly overlapping.
- Then run as closely as possible. After you sprinkle sugar on the sheet of dough with rolling pin move 2 times over the sheet. Sugar will stick better and will not spread to run.
- Each roll is placed in a tray lined with baking paper and give the hot oven, over medium heat until crisp.
- Under the tray bake roses put a pot / pan with water to avoid to burn the “sole”
- Powdered sugar after they have cooled.