*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Beef Chipotle Quesadillas. YUM! I omitted the tortillas and ate the meat with cilantro-line cauliflower rice and avacado. Delish!
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 4 chipotle peppers
- 3-4 Tbs. adobo sauce (from the can with the peppers)
- 4 scallions, diced
- about a cup of cilantro, divided
- juice of one lime
- 3 Tbs. salsa
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups Mexi-blend shredded cheese (or more if you want!)
- 8 multigrain tortillas (or any torts you dig)
- 1 avocado
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a slow cooker, place the flank steak, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, scallions, 1/2 cup cilantro, lime juice, salsa and a good pinch of coarse salt and pepper. Cook on medium high for 4 to 5 hours. Flip it every hour or so. Your house is going to smell insane. The good kind.
- Shred the meat right in the cooker. Taste it. Need any more salt? Any more juice? Add a little more salsa if it’s on the dry side.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high. Add the tortilla to the pan. On one half, arrange some shredded cheese, then layer with the shredded meat, red bell pepper, some cilantro and more cheese! Always more cheese. Fold the tortilla over and sauté the quesadilla until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden brown on both sides.
- Slice in half and repeat until your heart does the Macarena.
- Mash up that avocado, then toss in some cilantro, lime juice and salt.